Monday, September 10, 2012

09.10.12: Wow, I've been MIA for awhile! Keeping up a blog is hard work. I guess I'm just not hardcore enough...yet! This summer has been pretty eventful and eventless. Some trips and lots of eating and sleeping...but I did manage to get some crafting done! I decorated four pictures with different techniques that I will explain below. They're little pieces of home that I will have with me at my dorm <3

Frame #1 (top left corner, going clockwise): I wrapped a whole bunch of yarn around the picture frame by using homemade mod podge (equal parts water and bottled glue)and a glue gun for the ends. Unfortunately, the yarn made the frame too thick to put the glass back in, so I had to improvise! Here's where I found the cute idea from http://craftpond.com/yarn-wrapped-picture-frame/. Hurray for craftgawker!


Frame #2: The frame was originally white, so I didn't need two layers for the distressed effect. I slathered vaseline on parts of the frame and painted blue acrylic paint on top. After the paint dried, I wiped the vaseline off to give it that scratched- up effect. http://downtoearthstyle.blogspot.com/2012/01/salvaged-frame.html. 


Frame #3: This has got to be my favorite frame--not only because of the design, but because of my parents' picture. Love it <3 I cut 1.5 in. thick strips of scrapbooking paper and wrapped them around the picture frame with mod podge. I snipped the paper to fit the corners http://blog.basicgrey.com/?p=3735


Frame #4: This has got to be my least successful frame :( I wanted it to be glitzy, but you can barely see the glitter! I covered the frame with mod podge, sprinkled glitter, and glue gunned sequins onto the corners

No comments:

Post a Comment