Saturday, September 15, 2012

09.15.12: DIY Dorm Project #3:
Melted Crayon Art
Finally! I am finished with all of my artwork :) I upcycled another old canvas by repainting it with acrylic paint and stenciled/free handed a girl. Apparently, making stencils out of transparent paper and an exacto knife is just not my thing! I haven't been getting very good results out of the technique! But anyway, back to the project. Since regular crayons are too fat for a glue gun, I shaved them down with a mini garden spade (it was the first thing I saw in my dad's tool box) and used a pen to push them through my glue gun. It gets pretty messy, so I suggest that you put a ton of newspaper on the floor and that you wear gloves. Hot, colorful wax does not feel good on your skin. Trust me. There were a few curses and screams thrown around, but this project was totally worth the pain, and I hope you think so too!

No comments:

Post a Comment