Thursday, September 13, 2012



09.13.12: DIY Dorm  Project #3 ( TWO in one day! Pretty productive, huh?)
Fabric Covered Bulletin Board
After lots of burns and Neosporin, I am finally finished with my fabric bulletin board! And I must say, I'm pretty pleased :) I upcycled an old, used canvas by glue gunning cork boards onto it and covering the whole thing in cute, patterned fabric I got at Joann's (September apparently is national sewing month or something so there are lots of sales!). My dad and I then stapled the fabric onto the back of the canvas--making sure it was nice and taught. I thought it looked a bit plain, so I embellished the board with gold buttons and ribbon. To give it that "sewn" look, I pinched the ribbon at the ends and glue gunned the folds.


Materials:
- canvas
- cork boards
- glue gun
- fabric
- buttons and ribbon (optional)
- staple gun
- dad

No comments:

Post a Comment